Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Reading

I have been reading a lot of books lately. I am trying to absorb all I can before I actually GET ON Destino =)

The first one that I'll talk about is "Dancing With Horses" by, Klaus Ferdinand Hempfling.


I really admire this man and what he is able to do with horses. It's amazing to me what he can accomplish! I wish I had the touch that he does. I have set up a Picadero and have worked Destino in it and I do like it. I especially like the fact that you don't have to have a fancy set up to work your horse. He really breaks it down and simplifies life with horses. NICE! It seems like everything costs so much money when it has the word "Horse" on it.

I have tried his leading techniques and they work REALLY well with Destino. He was always trying to be the boss in our relationship, but since I changed the way I lead him and work him in a circle, he doesn't pick on me anymore!

Anyway, back to the book... I love what this man can do, I love how he writes, and I love his techniques. Unfortunately I don't think his way of working with horses is something that everyone can relate to, or even accomplish. I have had to change his techniques quite a bit to work for ME. I have no doubt that Destino would prefer me to work more like Klaus... sigh... but unfortunately poor Destino is stuck with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give us a nicker! We love to hear from you...

 
Designed by Lena